ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme
Bringing a legacy of ROG greatness along with a flurry of the latest tech for fully loaded builds, the ROG Crosshair X670E comfortably eases AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series processors through the toughest workloads. Embrace the AM5 era with the indomitable kingpin of the ROG stack.
- AMD Socket AM5 for AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Desktop Processors
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Cooling II, AI Networking, and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation for easy configuration.
- Robust Power Solution: 20 + 2 teamed power stages rated for 110 A, MicroFine alloy chokes, premium metallic capacitors, and ProCool II power connectors.
- Optimized Thermal Design: Large VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, ROG GEN-Z.2, high-conductivity thermal pad, five M.2 heatsinks, and dual M.2 with embedded backplates, and ROG Water-Cooling Zone.
- High-Performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E, Marvell® AQtion 10Gb, Intel® 2.5Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard.
- Ultra-fast Connectivity: PCIe® 5.0, Gen 5 M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 front-panel header, USB4® ports.
- Industry Leading Immersive Audio: ROG SupremeFX ALC4082 codec with ESS® ES9218 QUAD DAC for ultra-low distortion.
- Unmatched Personalization: AniMe Matrix™ LED display, 2” LiveDash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers.
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, PCIe slot Q-release, ROG True Voltician, BIOS FlashBack™, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, M.2 Q-Latch, SafeSlot, and ROG graphics card holder
- Renowned Software: Bundled 1-year AIDA64 Extreme subscription and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard.
DYNAMIC OC SWITCHER
Lightly-threaded tasks get fantastic uplift using AMD Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO), but all-core frequencies can be pushed higher via traditional overclocking. The Dynamic OC Switcher lets you use them both, dynamically engaging PBO or your preferred settings based on the CPU current or temperature.
Core Flex empowers you to smash limits farther than ever before by letting you control clock, power, and thermals in creative new ways. In its simplest form, you can maximize base clock during lighter loads and set breakpoints to gradually reduce CPU core frequency as temperature or current increases. But the system is extremely adaptable, supporting multiple user-controlled functions that can manipulate power, current, and temperature limits independently so that you can bend CPU performance to your will.
PCIe 5.0 Expansion Slots
Both of the x16 expansion slots have the PCIe 5.0 treatment to offer incredible speeds up to 64 GB/s for compatible devices. To bear the brunt of massive graphics cards, they are also protected with SafeSlot retention brackets, and the top slot can be released easily thanks to the Q-Release button.
PCIe 5.0 M.2
Two Onboard M.2 Slots
The ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme features two onboard M.2 slots, both of which are PCIe 5.0-ready to offer blistering 16 GB/s speeds.
The ROG GEN-Z.2 is the natural successor to the ROG DIMM.2 module. It inherits all the perks that made the original easy to install and use, and then raises the bar by adopting PCIE 5.0 on one slot and adding a suitably upgraded thermal solution to deal with the heat of next-gen drives.
PCIe 5.0 M.2 Card
For even more storage, the bundled PCIe 5.0 M.2 Card features an additional Gen 5-ready slot, and boasts ample surface area for dissipating the heat of a full-size 22110 drive.
20+2 power stagesThe VRM features 20 + 2 power stages, each rated to handle 110 amps.
8+8 pins ProCool II power connectorsTwo ProCool connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS 12V power lines.
MicroFine alloy chokesEach power stage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
10K black metallic capacitorsInput and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures.
Cooler by Design
VRM and aluminum I/O heatsinkA VRM heatsink on the MOSFETs and chokes is connected to the aluminum I/O cover via an embedded heatpipe to increase mass and surface area for dissipation.
Chipset heatsinkA dedicated heatsink draws heat away from both chipsets to maintain optimum operating temperature.
High-conductivity thermal padsA high-quality thermal pad improves overall heat transfer from the system by bridging the heat generated by the power stages to the heatsink. For future maintenance, a replacement thermal pad can also be found in the package.
M.2 heatsink and backplatesA large aluminum heatsink gives extensive surface area to cool both of the onboard M.2 drives, and each has a dedicated backplate for additional heat dissipation.
Multiple temperature sources
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling, and all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
4-pin PWM/DC fan headers
Every onboard header auto-detects any PWM or DC fan.
Bundled ROG fan controller
A bundled fan controller card includes six additional DC and PWM fan headers, plus two thermal-probe headers.
WIFI 6EOnboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of newly available spectrum in the 6 GHz band to provide up to seven 160 MHz channels for ultrafast throughput and better performance in dense wireless environments.
10G ETHERNETDesigned to meet the demanding requirements of power users and content creators, onboard Marvell® AQtion 10 Gbps Ethernet provides a new level of home networking. With up to 10 times the bandwidth of standard gigabit Ethernet, you'll enjoy streaming uncompressed 4K UHD videos and system backups and file transfers that are faster than ever before.
2.5G ETHERNETOnboard Intel® 2.5 Gbps Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with speeds that are 2.5 times faster than standard Ethernet connections for speedy file transfers, lag-free gaming, and high-resolution video streaming.
*WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi. To learn more about the ASUS WiFi 6 ecosystem, please visit: asus.com/content/WiFi6/#WIFI-6E.
USB 3.2 GEN 2X2 TYPE-C® FRONT-PANEL CONNECTOR WITH QUICK CHARGE 4+
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 adds an additional lane that can boost Type-C data transfers with speeds of up to 20 Gbps. The port also features Quick Charge 4+ technology that can quickly charge devices up to 60W*.
* Requires a PCIe power supply cable to be plugged into the nearby 6-pin connector.
TWO USB4® TYPE-C® PORTS
Each USB4® port delivers up to 40 Gbps of bidirectional bandwidth for the latest super-speed devices and drives. External display support reaches up to 8K output if one of the ports is in use, or both can be employed for dual 4K displays.